Research in my Health and Cognition Laboratory at WSU focuses on elucidating the potentially beneficial and detrimental effects of chronic cannabis use and acute cannabis intoxication. Our current and recent work focuses on examining links between cannabis use and mental health (e.g., depression, anxiety, OCD), physical health (e.g., pain, sleep), stress, and cognition (e.g., memory, decision-making, executive functioning, creativity, attention). Further, we are interested in examining effects of cannabis with different concentrations of THC and CBD as well as effects of cannabis concentrates to better understand their influence on mental health, physical health, and cognition.
- *Spradlin, A., & Cuttler, C. (in press). Problems associated with using cannabis to cope. Cannabis.
- ‡Cuttler, C., ‡Sexton, M., & Mischley, L. (2018). Driving under the influence of cannabis: An examination of driving beliefs and practices of medical and recreational cannabis users in the United States. Cannabis, 1, 1-13. doi: 10.26828/cannabis.2018.02.001
- Cuttler, C., Spradlin, A., & McLaughlin, R. J. (2018). A naturalistic examination of the perceived effects of cannabis on negative affect. Journal of Affective Disorders, 235, 198-205. doi: 10.1016/j.jad.2018.04.054
- Wilson, M., *Gogulski, H. Y., Cuttler, C., Bigand, T. L., Oluwoye, O., & Barbosa-Leiker, C. (2018). Cannabis use moderates the relationship between pain and negative affect in adults with opioid use disorder. Addictive Behaviors, 77, 225-231. doi: 10.1016/j.addbeh.2017.10.012
- *LaFrance, E., & Cuttler, C. (2017). Inspired by Mary Jane? Mechanisms underlying enhanced creativity in cannabis users. Consciousness and Cognition, 56, 68-76. doi: 10.1016/j.concog.2017.10.009
- Cuttler, C., & *Spradlin, A. (2017). Measuring cannabis consumption: Psychometric properties of the Daily Sessions, Frequency, Age of Onset, and Quantity of Cannabis Use Inventory (DFAQ-CU). PLOS ONE. 12(5): e0178194 doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0178194
- Cuttler, C., *Spradlin, A., *Nusbaum, A. T., Whitney, P., Hinson, J. M. & McLaughlin, R. J. (2017). Blunted stress reactivity in chronic cannabis users. Psychopharmacology, 234, 2299-2309. doi: 10.1007/s00213-017-4648-z
- *Nusbaum, A.T., Whitney, P., Cuttler, C., *Spradlin, A., Hinson, J. M., McLaughlin, R. J. (2017). Altered attentional control strategies in chronic cannabis users. Drug and Alcohol Dependence, 181, 116-123. doi: 10.1016/j.drugalcdep.2017.09.019
- *Spradlin, A., *Mauzay, D., & Cuttler, C. (2017). Symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder predict cannabis misuse. Addictive Behaviors, 72, 159-164. doi: 10.1016/j.addbeh.2017.03.023
- Cuttler, C., Mischley, L., Sexton, M. (2016). Sex differences in cannabis use and effects: A cross-sectional survey of cannabis users. Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, 1, 166-175. doi: 10.1089/can.2016.0010
- Sexton, M., Cuttler, C., Finnell, J., & Mischley, L. (2016). A cross-sectional survey of medical cannabis users: Patterns of use and perceived efficacy. Cannabis and Cannabinoid Research, 1, 131-138. doi: 10.1089/can.2016.0007